Technical Visit – Waste Management at Euridice
This technical visit aims at providing a comprehensive overview of the R&D conducted in Belgium, but also at European level, in the framework of nuclear waste disposal. This research can be typified as truly multi-disciplinary, with not only techno-scientific research areas but also ethical and societal aspects.
- 13:30 - 14:00
- Venue and registration
- 14:00 - 14:15
- Welcome address
- 14:15 - 14:45
- Seminar on "Management of radioactive waste in Belgium"
Speakers:Peter De Preter
- 14:45 - 15:15
- Seminar on "Nuclear Waste Disposal R&D at SCK•CEN"
- 15:15 - 15:45
- Seminar on "European perspectives on radioactive waste management"
- 15:45 - 16:45
- Visit of HADES underground laboratory
- 16:45 - 17:45
- Tour of Praclay Hall
- 17:45 - 19:00
Christophe BruggemansHead of the Expert Group Waste & Disposal at SCK•CEN
Gunnar BuckauPolicy Support at European Commission JRC
Peter De PreterLong-Term Management Director at ONDRAF/NIRAS
- Evening lecture – The European and the Belgian Nuclear Societies Stand Up for Science: Strengthening ties
- May 27, 2021
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm