Scientific Contest 2016
On Thursday, February 25, the BNS-YG (Belgian Nuclear Society Young Generation) Scientific Contest took place at Tractebel head office. In total, 14 manuscripts were submitted, among which 4 master theses. The scientific level of these manuscripts was particularly high this year!
For the Oral Competition, the ranking is as follows:
- Peter Zsabka, for his Master Thesis prepared at KUL and SCK•CEN (NMS / Fuel Material Group): “Synthesis of thorium dioxide doped with gadolinium via a wet chemical route”. He is currently a PhD student at SCK•CEN, working on a common project between the RCA (Radiochemistry) and FMA (Fuel Materials) groups;
- Gisella Marzari, for her Master Thesis prepared at Polytechnic University of Turin and SCK•CEN (EHS/Society and Policy Support): “Investigation of the Partial Defect Tester (PDET) for the detection of fuel pins diversion in the frame of spent fuel safeguards verification”;
- Sven Claessens, for his BNEN Thesis prepared at Ghent University and Engie Electrabel: “Characterization of Intermediate Level Radioactive Materials”. He is currently working at Engie.
For the Poster Session, the ranking is as follows:
- Marlies Gijs, for a paper prepared during her PhD at University of Liège and SCK•CEN: “Gallium-68-labelled NOTA-oligonucleotides: an optimized method for their preparation”. She currently holds a Post-Doc position at University of Maastricht;
- Ellina Macaeva, for a paper prepared during her PhD at University of Ghent and SCK•CEN: “Radiation-induced alternative transcription and splicing events and their applicability to practical biodosimetry”. She is currently in her last year of PhD at SCK•CEN;
- Philippe Dejardin, for a paper entitled: “Methodology developed for the definition of the design parameters and associated safety criteria of the Filtered Containment Venting Systems for Belgian NPPs”. He is currently working at Tractebel Engie.
The pictures of the BNS Scientific Contest on 25/02/2016 are available on Ningmeng Tang’s website: http://www.nmphotography.be/20160225-BNS-Contest/n-QCzBqS/.
- The project of the century for nuclear waste in Switzerland
- Jun 22, 2023
- 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm