Scientific Contest 2015
On Thursday, March 26, the BNS-YG (Belgian Nuclear Society Young Generation) Scientific Contest took place at Tractebel head office.
For the Oral Competition, the candidates were:
- Alexander Bakaev, PhD candidate in Physics at University of Ghent, for his work on “Radiation Effects in Structural Steels for Nuclear Applications: an Atomistic Study”;
- Bart Deconinck, Master student in Sciences and Environment at Université Libre de Bruxelles, for his work on “Provisions for the Dismantling of Industrial Installations: Analysis of European and Sectorial Approaches”;
- Marco De Lorenzo, Master student in Nuclear and Energy Engineering at Politecnico di Torino, for his work on “Implementation of a Full 3D Neutronic Model for MYRRHA in RELAP5-3D using Nestle”.
For the Poster Session, the candidates were:
- Federico Di Rocco, Master student in Energy and Nuclear Engineering at Sapienza Universita di Roma, for his work on “Shortcomings of 1-D Thermohydraulic Transient Analysis for a Pool Type Reactor (like MYRRHA)”;
- Petr Grigorev, PhD student in Physics at SCK-CEN and University of Gent, for his work on “Nucleation and Growth of Hydrogen Bubbles on Dislocations in Tungsten under High Flux Low Energy Plasma Exposure”.