Electricity modulation in Belgian NPP’s
The objective is to present what is currently being done in the NPP’s , as well as to show the possible adaptation of nuclear electricity production in function of market needs, in order to integrate intermittent renewables. The objective is also to show that renewables and nuclear can live together harmoniously to produce a decarbonized energy, which is now paramount in the context of climate change. It is also in line with what the latest IPCC report underlines, as nuclear and renewables have a key role to play in the future of energy mix.
- 18:30 - 18:35
- Introduction by the chair
- 18:35 - 18:55
- Why foreseeing modulation ? Analysis and follow-up of the market
- 18:55 - 19:15
- Limitations on the fuel and how are they integrated in the fuel cycle ?
- 19:15 - 19:35
- How is the modulation practically put in place from the operational/site sides ?
- 19:35 - 20:00
- 20:00 - 21:00
- Walking dinner
Louis-Antoine PirnayEngie Electrabel, Powerplant Portfolio Manager
Maxime HaedensTractebel, in charge of the Fuel Cycle Studies group
- Nuclear space propulsion (virtual)
- Oct 27, 2022
- 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm